Saturday, May 9, 2015

62 (D-0) La boucle est bouclée = We've come full circle BON VOYAGE!

The blog has come to an end.
The trip is beginning.  So we start all over again!
10 days from now (at D+10!) I'll say again:
Do you know what it means to miss New Orleans?
Listen to Billy Holiday again and fill in the blanks: 


DO YOU KNOW WHAT IT MEANS 
TO MISS NEW ORLEANS

Do you know what it means to miss New Orleans
And miss it each ______________  and  _____________
I know I'm not wrong, the feeling's getting __________________
The longer I stay away

Miss the moss-covered vines, the tall sugar pines
Where mockingbirds used to  _____________
And I'd like to see the lazy _______________________
A-hurryin’ to  ____________

The ____________  ____________, the ____________________
Of Creole tunes that fill the air
I _______________ of oleander in June
And soon I'm wishing that I was there

Do you know what it means to miss New Orleans
When that's where you left your ____________
And there's something more, I miss the one I care for
____________ ___________  I miss New Orleans

BON VOYAGE!

THANK YOU TO ALL OF YOU WHO HAVE FOLLOWED THIS BLOG AND TRAVELLED WITH ME ON YOUR COMPUTER TO LOUISIANA.  I HOPE YOU HAVE ENJOYED YOUR TRIP...AND YOU CAN RETURN WHENEVER YOU LIKE...THE BLOG WILL STILL BE THERE, FOR EVERYONE.  JUST GO TO ARCHIVES, ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF EACH PAGE.  CHOOSE THE MONTH, CHOOSE THE DAY.

THANKS ALSO TO THE MANY SOURCES I CONSULTED IN PREPARING THIS BLOG.

Your faithful blogger,
Jane  ...or.... Jambalaya Jane from the Cotton Fields and Way Down Yonder in New Orleans.....

No comments:

Post a Comment